What is Acting for All?
Acting for All is a one-year part-time course taking place on Friday evenings between 8 and 10pm. It is an introductory acting course suitable for complete beginners. Whether you want to be on stage, appear in films or just gain some confidence, you will learn new skills in a fun, safe and social environment.
What will the course involve?
Over three terms, we will cover:
· Improvisation through theatre games
· Character research and development
· Script work
· Acting in different genres
· Rehearsing for a showcase performance
· How to present oneself with confidence
· How to work collaboratively with others
· How to use imagination to improve acting skills
How to perform to an audience
· How to mark up a script
Towards the end of the course, you will have the chance to show the work you’ve done over the year in front of an invited audience in the Studio theatre at The Questors.
How will I be taught and by whom?
Teaching will be done in groups, pairs and individually. Paul Whiting will be your tutor. Paul began his acting at QYT (Questors Youth Theatre) before going onto the Questors Academy. He then studied at Rose Bruford College of Theatre & Performance, and today works professionally. He is a founding member of the sketch-comedy companies The Errors of Comedy and Interference.
What should I wear?
· Comfortable clothes you can move around in easily
What do I need to bring with me?
What can I do after this course?
The Questors Theatre has an intermediate one-year, part-time course called Encore, which you can enrol onto after completing Acting for All.